3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2011 8:17 PM by firstb45 RSS

QVX file troubles

rsg

Hello QV community,

I am trying to load some data into QV using a qvx file (LOAD * FROM [post.qvx] (qvx)). The load gives no error message but it appears I have some error in the header because the data doesn't get loaded into QV, it shows up in the table view though. I have attached the QVX file with one example data.

The format is, first an int, a long and then 2 strings. It uses big endian and 2-byte counters for strings. For example:

1299968456115 (this is a timestamp so different from the timestamp in the attached file)
      Corpus
      NoLink

Results in this byte array:

0 0 0 1

0 0 1 2E AC 28 75 B3

0 6 43 6F 72 70 75 73

0 6 4E 6F 4C 69 6E 6B

PS. Since I couldn't upload QVX files I renamed it into .txt

Please help me with my problem.

Regards

Rasmus

• AW:QVX file troubles

Hi Rasmus,

with the help of the load-wizard I created the load-statement but the load itself ended with 0 lines fetched and no error(s). I am using V10SR1.

LOAD postId,
          date,
          title,
          link
          FROM
          post.qvx
          (qvx);

If you are sure having load at least one record don't hesitate to contact your local QV-support.

Regards, Roland

rsg

Thanks for the reply. I managed to solve it though, the problem was that i forgot to write a 0-byte after the header.

I misinterpreted the documentation that said to write 0 byte as no bytes rather than 0x0.

Does anyone know where I can find documentation about creating a qvx file? I want something that explains the structure of the file so I can create from a third party software. I got it working for a simple example.