super easy to do - but as ltu suggested the chance of messing something up is huge and the benefit is minimal as you can do most of the updates/changes either manually via the QMC or programatically with the API
I’m agree with you. i don't amuse modify data in the repository data base.
In fact now I’am creating tags, stream, security rule etc in QMC on development environment etc. And I should recreate all of them on production. So I ask if there is a easyer way to do it. For example can I export list of tag from repository A and then import them into repository B.
There is no easy method to swap settings between environments. To your question, you'd need to things here:
- Read the settings from one environment
- Write the settings to a different environment
(1) can be accomplished using a PostgreSQL ODBC driver connection to the PostgreSQL database.
(2) is in no way supported so I cannot recommend a method of accomplishing this. As Martin gestured to, there are ways to accomplish this using the QRS API (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.0/Subsystems/RepositoryServiceAPI/Content/RepositoryServiceAPI/RepositoryS…) . I am by no means fluent in how to do it, but the endpoints seem there.
That being said, it does not pertain to tags / tasks / custom properties, but it does pertain to security rules, there is a Chrome extension (which doesn't look to work on 3.0.x at the moment) which can be used to accomplish this: Qlik Branch definitely check that out / follow up with the Dev there about getting this ported to work with 3.0.x if you're running that version.
I am using pgAdminIII
password: (used in installation)
You can see all the tables in the Schema option
Hope this helps you
- Run pgAdmin3.exe from C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin
- Click the power plug button on the top manual bar and enter information
- Name - QSR
- Server - localhost
- Port - 4432 (not the default of 5432)
- User Name - postgres
- Password - the password that you provided on installation.