Mashup is building a website using QS objects.
Extension is building..well extension ..customised object that you can use within your application (or share here)
Hi Pradeep, I was watching the same.
Using mashups you can make a webpage without to know how to code. You can use a template and have not JS to edit.
To use Vistualization extension you need to know a basic of JS and HTML.
Visualization extensions in Qlik Sense equals what is called Object Extensions in QlikView. They provide the same capabilities as object extensions.
It is not necessary that you have already developed any visualization extensions in neither QlikView or Qlik Sense, but you should have a basic understanding of the following concepts:
The definitions for both are:
In the context of web development, a mashup is a web page or web application that uses content from more than one source to create a single new service displayed in a single graphical interface.
The Capability APIs enable you to easily and quickly integrate with your Qlik Sense objects to produce enriched results that were not necessarily the original reason for producing the source app in Qlik Sense. You can reuse Qlik Sense visualizations, including your custom extensions, and you can also make use of Qlik Sense data and calculations.
By using active content, your visualizations are updated when state changes. You can also subscribe to data and change the state through the visualizations.
In short it works like the following:
- You open a WebSocket to Qlik Sense Engine using the qlik.openApp method.
- Objects use the same WebSocket, that is the same session, which means they are connected.
- Qlik Sense objects work just as they do in the Qlik Sense client.
Visualization extensions enable you to extend the visualization capabilities of Qlik Sense by using standard Web technologies. The concept of visualization extensions in general can be seen as a plugin mechanism that allows developers to combine the power of the Qlik Sense APIs with the almost unlimited capabilities of the Web.
Visualization extensions use the same set of technologies as standard Qlik Sense visualizations, and if developed properly, the handling of them is identical to standard visualizations. They can be:
- Added to a sheet using drag and drop.
- Configured to use the same property panel as standard Qlik Sense visualizations, meaning that you can create visualization extensions on top of the data of a Qlik Sense app.
- Resized, copied, pasted and positioned just like any other Qlik Sense visualization.
- Added to and used in data storytelling .
- Responsive and therefore work properly on any device.