Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I replicate this in Qlik (see attached)

The attachment is from a custom project management application. To the left of the bar chart is a blue box with project name (blacked out) and 18. On the bar chart you see a thin blue line going across. That blue line changes based on the underlying data and filters applied. That blue line is at 18 on the Y axis.

In my qlik report I added a custom reference line to replicate that blue line you see. That reference line changes as my underlying data changes and different filters are applied. Can I add a text box like in my attachment, but the value in that text box changes as my reference line changes?

So if on my bar chart i am filtering on project XYZ, which has a reference line 6, i want my blue box to say XYZ(6).

If i change my filters to project ABC, which has a reference line of 10, I want my blue box to say ABC(10)Slide3.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not really sure if I understood your request.

Yes, you can create a text box that shows the selected Project and the value of your calculated reference line, it might look like

= Only( ProjectName) & '(' & YourReferenceLineExpression & ')'

Replace YourReferenceLineExpression with your expression e.g.

= Only( ProjectName) & '(' & Avg(Value) & ')'

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Where you edited your reference line, you can add a label with a calculated value.  It would look something like this:

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicole-

I've actually done that. The reason I wanted to do what I spelled out above is because depending on my filters, some of my reference points will be far higher than what my axis shows. I dont want to increase the size of my axis because then the values of my bar charts arent as intuitive. For example, on of my bar charts for some months, the values go up to .8, but my reference line will be 6. Sot it doesnt even appear.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not really sure if I understood your request.

Yes, you can create a text box that shows the selected Project and the value of your calculated reference line, it might look like

= Only( ProjectName) & '(' & YourReferenceLineExpression & ')'

Replace YourReferenceLineExpression with your expression e.g.

= Only( ProjectName) & '(' & Avg(Value) & ')'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you sir!!