7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2017 9:54 AM by Lauren Mills RSS

If Match Statement

Lauren Mills

Questions:

1 - Can I write an If(Match) statement as a Maser Item?

2. If yes - then what am I doing wrong with expression -

- if(match({<transcript_status_code={"A","X"}, category ={'Skill Area 01/08 }>}), employee_first_name&' '&employee_last_name)

3. If no - what are my other options? Just writing it in the script?

• Re: If Match Statement
          Sunny Talwar

I guess you are combining If and set analysis... try like this

If(Match(transcript_status_code, 'A', 'X') and category = 'Skill Area 01/08', employee_first_name&' '&employee_last_name)

Lauren Mills

I'm trying to make a Maser Item (Dimension) that will be a drilldown.

One Field I have (Work_Name)

The Second will be only the name of the Employee whom has the A or X Transcript Status for the Category.

But this doesn't work.

It's giving me the count but not the detail. Below is what I am applying to the drill - down in the chart.

Lauren Mills

So I have come to find out that the If Match statement I am trying to write within the Dashboard won't work. I believe I need to write it in the script. Here's my problem -

I have 5 SQL statements. I save them all to a QVD file and then I "drop" the table.

Then at the end I do an Inner Join on all 5 tables.

I want to create IF Match statements somewhere in there... I just don't know where or how I would do it. The Statements I need to create have fields from multiple SQL within the app.

See example.

The 5 Circled are my SQL Statements -

At the bottom of each is where I store the SQL to a QVD. See below.

Then I have my Inner Joins for the QVD files.

I want to create another SECTION to where I can write Conditions (IF Match) statements that could potentially have fields from multiple sections in one IF Match.

Any and all help on how to do this would be great.