cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date problem!

Hi experts!

A small challenge regarding dates. I have a table with two dates in it.

pic1.PNG

Date B will always be greater than Date A. I also have a another date column(calendar) with a list of continuous date values from 1st Jan 2016 to 31/12/2017. I want to  any date from from the calendar column, and then check if the selected date is 10 days ahead of the maximum date in Date A column. If yes then show the ID in the straight table in one column, Date A in next  and show the maximum date in Date B in the 3rd column.

For example

if I select 01/09/2016 from the calendar date column, my straight table below should show me this

A  15/08/2016 15/09/2016

This is the only line i should get as ID B has a maximum date in Date A 30/12/2016 is not 10 days ahead of the selected calendar date which is 01/09/2016.

I've attached the data if anyone is willing to have a look.

I believe it should be done using first sorted value, aggr and calculated dimension.

Thanks

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Interesting, And we can do the same if you provide QVW

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

‌will upload in a bit. thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've now attached the qvw file with data loaded.

sunny_talwar

In your example, how are you picking 15/08/2016 for the date? It is neither the min, nor the max date A for ID A? I used Max([Date A]) to get 30/08/2016, but you can change that to whatever you want.....

Also, the solution will only work on a single selection of Calendar.

Capture.PNG

Knowing you, I am sure this is just the beginning with more to come

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny. Thanks for your help.

I'm working on another issue related to average. Would you be able to have a look at it for me?

link: Simple Average Problem