The problem is on QlikView server, you must add the missing mime types to make the On-Demand add-on work.
Add the two new mime types in the QMC:
In the QMC, open the System tab.
- Click Setup.
- Expand the QlikView Web Server node.
- Click on QVWS@YourServer.
- Click the Web tab.
- In the Mime Types section, the click the green + button in the upper right corner.
- Add the following rows:
- .JSON in the Extension column and application/json in the Content column
- .TTF in the Extension column and application/x-font-truetype in the Content column
Clik Ok to validate, and it will work
As a last ditch effort we did in fact just restart QV this morning and the button appeared, thanks. But when we select it, it is telling us it cannot find a connection, but we did find that the url had a slash in it and once changed it worked. In addition to that, we also discovered that we think we have to install the On Demand add-on on our extranet server as well because we have 2 ways to get to our Access Point and right now we only see the button via one of the ways and not the other. So I have more research/troubleshooting to do, I guess.
Another related question...is the QlikView Management API group a new group that would have been added during the On Demand add-on install process or was that part of the NPrinting install process? (I didn't actually do the installs which is why I ask; I'm wondering because I see the info about rebooting the QV and NP servers when the NP service account user is added to this group)
RE QlikView Management API group for OnDemand and other setups tricks :
1. The domain account used for the NPrinting service must be a member of:
- Administrators group
- QlikView Administrators group
- QlikView Management API group
This group must be created manually and the service account added to the group
Following this step, restart both the QlikView and NPrinting services
2. When installing OnDemand add-on:
- the install will ask for the URL of the NPrinting server. Be sure that there is not a slash following the port number. This will cause the connection to the NPrinting server to fail.
- If the NPrinting Server and NPrinting Engine are installed on different machines, make sure to use the Server URL.
3. Add the QlikView Server as a trusted origin in NPrinting Console