Update: 07/12/2017: Issue still exists in Nov 17 Patch 1. I have uploaded Sample data and .qvf to the original post.
Downgraded from NOV 17 to SEP Patch 1.
Synchronised and Reloaded the script (No changes). App data is now loading correctly.
Seems like a bug with the Data manager in the latest version.
The QVD Contains confidential data, but I can try to replicate with a sample data if anyone is still interested.
So glad to find this post! Experiencing exactly the same problem. You saved me a lot of debug time by narrowing the problem down to the date fields.
I have noticed that if my Birth Date field (defined as date in mysql) gets added to the auto-generated autoCalendar script to derive the different calendar options, that is when the table stops being available in the sheets editor. Oddly, one of my datetime fields has the same issue, but the other datetime fields are fine even when they get auto-derived into autoCalendar. I haven't been able to identify why the datetime fields are not behaving consistently.
I tried a lot of workarounds, including selecting the Birth Date field out as a string, then forcing it back to a date in QlikSense. However, as soon as I tried to apply autoCalendar to it again, the table would disappear from the choices in the sheets editor. It seems to be something quirky between autocalendar and certain types of date fields.
In our case, we don't usually care to know the actual birth date. What we really want to know is either the persons age. So I am doing the age caculation in the load script sql:
DATE_FORMAT(FROM_DAYS(TO_DAYS(NOW())-TO_DAYS(birth_date)), '%Y') + 0 AS age
This workaround has enabled me to move on, but I am sure this issue will come back again ... so I will continue to monitor this thread and post if I make any more headway.
FYI: I am running qliksensedesktop:11.24.1.
The problem is not limited to date fields. I added some "Replace" logic to a column in the Data Manager and immediately the table disappeared from the list of tables and fields available for use in the Sheets editors. Removing the Replace logic returned the table for use. Going to try and downgrade to the September version now.
Issue still exists in November '17 Patch 2
Qlik Sense Desktop: 11.24.4
Thanks walkasia for the additional info
In my case, synchronise script generates garbage temp tables. In a specific example I have declared:
Date(EmployeeMasterBirthDate) AS DOB,
However Qlik seems to want to repeat this step and dump the resident table. I've had issues like this in the past if I don't apply 'NoConcatenate' to the root table before dumping.
I always interpreted that you couldn't dump a resident table because it inherits the data from memory, so I usually have to force a separate table.
I tried applying 'NoConcatenate' to 'Employee_Master' as a test, but unfortunately no solution.
Date([DOB] ) AS [DOB],
Date([Start Date] ) AS [Start Date],
[Employee Fill %],
[Years Service Range],
[Actual Start Date],
Date([Retirement Date] ) AS [Retirement Date],
[Temp Contract End Date]
DROP TABLE [Employee_Master];
Date([Last Salary Review Date] ) AS [Last Salary Review Date],
Date([Next Salary Review Date] ) AS [Next Salary Review Date]
DROP TABLE [Employee_Salary];
RENAME TABLE [Employee_Master_temp_0467b9ed-6e2a-e4d4-d1f9-b8453440] to [Employee_Master];
RENAME TABLE [Employee_Salary_temp_a1a3811a-b347-573f-5752-244c869b] to [Employee_Salary];
If I 'Unlock' the Auto-generated section and remove the garbage temp tables (leaving only the 'autoCalendar'); the table loads. The tables are unsync'd again at this point but at least the table loads with the calendar intact.
Hope this helps someone more technically minded find a permanent cure