I think you should ask this question in Microsoft PowerPoint forum:
this is solution for excel - i assume similar may be possible for PPT as it uses Excel as a starting point for chart creation..
I created the attached example by using Qlik NPrinting November 2017. I followed the Office tutorials linked by lech_miszkiewicz and I created a very simple QVW:
- Create a connectio to the .qvw and generate its cache. There is a single table object with 3 data series, one for each color.
- Create a PowerPoint report
- Add a native chart to the PowerPoint report by following Creating a PowerPoint chart using native QlikView tables ‒ Qlik NPrinting.
- Add the TB01 into the Tables node of the template
- Add a chart
- Drag and drop each single column into the Excel sheet that contains data for the chart
- Set the data origin to met you requirements
- Run a report preview
- Change the chart options as you prefer
In the attachment there is also the report that can be imported if you are using November 2017.
Let me know if this solves.
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.
284262 PPT Chart.zip 207.4 K
Thanks for your reply. I am actually working in Qlik Sense, so I cannot open a .QVW. Can you explain how to work in the edit data area of the native PowerPoint chart? Maybe attach some images? I am struggling with the nodes and how that would all work to automatically get the colors through to the native table.
Just an update, I was able to add 3 nodes on three columns next to my dimension column and color code each column to be the right color. Now I just need to figure out how the report would generate a zero or blank cell in the columns that are not the correct color for the particular product line in the excel.