cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik NPrinting Color Coding by Business Area to PowerPoint Native Chart

Hello,

I have a PowerPoint report that is generating a list of different product lines under different business segments. In the qlik sense app, I have color codes based on segment, so the bar charts display different colors based on those segments. For instance, green for shoes - red for shirts etc...

When I generate my native PPT charts via table nodes, I do not get my custom colors on the PPT charts. Is there a way to put the colors into the expression box or somewhere else (PPT maybe?) so they come through into the table object formula?

Thanks!

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any thoughts anyone?

Lech_Miszkiewicz

I think you should ask this question in Microsoft PowerPoint forum:

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

this is solution for excel - i assume similar may be possible for PPT as it uses Excel as a starting point for chart creation..

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/2343-excel-change-chart-color-based-on-value.html

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I will look into this! Thank you for sharing Lech.

Lech_Miszkiewicz

I gave it another thought and you may struggle with this as PowerPoint Charts are limited as oppposed to Excel Charts.

Worth exploring though.

good luck

I may give it a go as well later (once i have enough time to build a template to play with)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lech, you are super nice.

Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi Russell,

I did a go with Power Point but i was not even able to achieve manually  what you are trying to do automaticly.

i may get a chance trying later and resarching, but for now i have given up - sorry mate.

regards

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lech,

I wonder, can they be built in excel and moved over to a PPT? Did you say you were able to do it in excel?

Thanks,

Lech_Miszkiewicz

I have sent you previously link to how this is achieved in Excel. This however is not dynamic solution and you need to know how many attributes you will have as for each attribute you need to create dedicated measure.

This would be very static solution though!

cheers

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I created the attached example by using Qlik NPrinting November 2017. I followed the Office tutorials linked by lech_miszkiewicz‌ and I created a very simple QVW:

1. Create a connectio to the .qvw and generate its cache. There is a single table object with 3 data series, one for each color.
  2. Create a PowerPoint report
  3. Add a native chart to the PowerPoint report by following Creating a PowerPoint chart using native QlikView tables ‒ Qlik NPrinting.
    1. Add the TB01 into the Tables node of the template
    2. Add a chart
    3. Drag and drop each single column into the Excel sheet that contains data for the chart
    4. Set the data origin to met you requirements
  4. Run a report preview
  5. Change the chart options as you prefer

In the attachment there is also the report that can be imported if you are using November 2017.

Let me know if this solves.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.