2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2011 10:10 AM by dannygerst RSS

Refresh the data on opening the QlikView File

Hi All,

I have a Qlikview application dashboard that needs to show the data for only the last 6 weeks. I have created all the queries based of system date. The only thing I want to do is whenever an user opens the application the data should reload automatically. How do I do that?

Regards

Suresh

• Refresh the data on opening the QlikView File

Hi,

It is easy. You have to create a macro and launch it when opening the document.

Go to Tools --> Edit Module, and there add the following code:

Sub ReloadStuff

ActiveDocument.Reload

End Sub

After that, open Settings --> Document Properties, and go to Triggers tab. Select in Document Event Triggers "On Open" and add the External Action "Run Macro", using as Macro Name ReloadStuff.

This should work

• Refresh the data on opening the QlikView File

Hi,

your solution only works outside of the server. I marked both parameters "Allow macro execution on server" and "allow unsafe macro execution on server" on the Security Tab of the QlikView Server Settings. When I open the document in the AccessPoint, the macro is not executed nor is the file reloaded.

Is this a feature by design. Is there no way to dynamic reload a file on the server while accessing them through the AccessPoint?

Thanks in advanced,

Danny