11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2015 1:08 PM by Roman Dubyk RSS

Loading Excel data into QlikView

Hi,

I think I have a simple data loading problem. I have an .xls file exported from our bug tracking tool "Jira". You can find the file as attatchment.

Now I am trying to load all the data into my QlikView application, but I was not able to do this.

Details:

I don't need the first 3 rows from the .xls file. The 3 columnames should be "Issue Type", "Key", and "Issue Links"

And I also don't need the last row of the excel output but this is not so important.

I hope somebody could help me.

Thanks.

Regards,

Herbert

• Loading Excel data into QlikView
          Mark McCoid

Hi Herbert,

When you are in the edit script mode, click on the "Table Files" button to get the wizard for loading excel files.

In your example you said you didn't want the first three rows or the last.

The following code is what the wizard produced:

LOAD [Issue Type],
          Key,
          [Issue Links]
          FROM DELETE.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is general_report$, filters(
          Remove(Row, Pos(Top, 2)),
          Remove(Row, Pos(Top, 1)),
          Remove(Row, RowCnd(CellValue, 1, StrCnd(contain, 'Generated at')))));

When the wizard opens and you choose your Excel file, click on the "Transform" button and you can select rows to always delete, like the first three and you can create a conditional delete, so for the last row the conditional delete says to delete and column with "Genereate at" in it.

Hope this helps.

Mark

• Loading Excel data into QlikView

Hi,

Thanks for your help. But I think I haven't explained my problem enough. I got nearly the same code as you, but the thing is, I can't use the excel output from "Jira", it is not recongnized as a excel file in the script editor wizard. I can only use it when I open it before manually within Excel and convert it to a normal excel file. I think markmccoid also have converted into a right excel with the name DELETE.xls

Please look at the screenshots. The thing is this that everything should be automatically, the file is saved automatically somewhere and qlikview imports it than automatically, but it should be not like this that I must convert the excel format.

I don't know exactly which type of excel output it is, a little bit strange.

Is it also possible to import the data without change of the rare data file?

Regards,

Herbert

• Re: Loading Excel data into QlikView

Hi,

I have the same question as Matthew Johnson. Please update if there is any way to connect JIRA data directly or through third party into Qlikview. We have been currently exporting from JIRA and then importing into Qlikview. It becomes too tedious as we can't do live reporting.

Appreciate any help on this topic.

Thanks

Regards,

Janaki Venkitasubramanian

Hi Herbert,

Did your problem solve with regards to importing data into Qlikview from JIRA?

Regards

Janaki Venkitasubramanian

Ravindra Nagargoje

i have excel file which is abnormal (Data is not it proper manner)

it has empty cell, marge,... etc

the how to get data from it.