Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimanbeginner
Contributor II
Contributor II

QVWS & DSC services drop intermittently

Hi There

We have an issue where the QVWS and DSC services drop and come back up again intermittently/randomly on all the servers

There doesn't seem to be any spike in connection errors caused by this although throughout the day we do have a high volume of "Internal Server Error" errors which I am unable to identify as well, could they be related?

how could I test to see what is causing the drop in the services?

What could I do to try and test the cause of the "Internal Server Error"

We are using IIS, and ever since we have moved over to IIS the internal server error has been popping up

Im not sure if this was the previous "no connection" error which IIS reveals as Internal server error, as we did have quite a few "No connection" errors before.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards,

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Are the DSC and IIS on the same server? Try refreshing the website in the inetmgr.msc and make sure that the permissions are set according to the documentation: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_Co...

The IIS logs as well as increasing the verbosity of the DSC logs could give you a hint on why and when exactly they stop. Check also the Windows Event Viewer in that computer to see what else is going on before these services crash.