Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to open new Qlikview file every time with edit script?

Hello Evryone,

i need help or suggestions form you.

i have qvd call Main1.qvd

i am applying some filters on Main1.qvd in demo1.qvw file

my requirement is explain in following

when user clicks the button in demo1.qvw file  it would be open new qlikeview file with sameMain1.qvd with what criteria had selected in the demo1.qvw for Main1.qvd.

is it possible in qlikview for  achiving the above requirment.if not please suggest me other functionality.

kindly please help me regarding my requirment

Many thanks

vasu.i

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Vasu

If you set a button action to "open Qlikview document", you have options to transfer state from the this document to the new one. If they have the same fields, this will result in the selections being transferred

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Vasu,

another idea:

if you launch the new document, you could pass variables by command line and evaluate those within the script.

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi swehl,

Thanks for ur reply ,

really i dont know how to  pass variables by command line how is possible.

plz let me help on this

Many Thanks

vasu

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jonathan Dienst,

Thanks for your reply,

i need to open evry time with new qlikview fiile  dynamically when clicks the button with Main.qvd what i am used in demo1.qvw file.auto meticaly.user can't load that qvd manually.

i need the whole process in dyamically loadinf qvd and open new qlikview file and applying filter criteria etc...,

plz help me on this

Many Thanks

vasu.I

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

please have a look at the manual, chapter 6.1

The syntax is like

qv.exe /vYourVariable=123 demo1.qvw

Stefan