Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error message QVX

Hello,

i have a unknown Error message when i reload a script that connects to a SQL Server and load a table.

First i have the message "QVX_unknown Error" in the script window of the fat client. Than i filtered the table and in a smaller load version it shows me the

Error "QVX_PIPE_ERROR" ...what can be the Problem?

13 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Is there a particular reason to be using QVX?

You should delete the connection string and try using an OLEDB or ODBC connection.

Not applicable
Author

The weird thing is i use a normal OLEDB connection...

Not applicable
Author

The right Error Code is :

"QVX_unexpected_end_of_data"

When i filtered the table with sql satements to a little piece than it works, but i need the full table...I thought that QlikView read everything in a table independent of the content in the table..

Not applicable
Author

I have a similar problem.  Migrated an application from QV8.5 to QV10.  Ran fine in QV8.5, but now raises an error message:

QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA:

Error: OLEDB read failed

General Script Error

Execution Failed

The first OLEDB connection it makes to the external data source it loads 57 records successfully.  The next file it attempts to load is 24,981 records...but it fails with this message.  Obviously I need the whole data source.  What causes this message?  Update - I also get an ORA-29275 error message.  I believe this is caused by an Oracle table with a "partial multibyte character".   We have updated recently to include international characters. Could be a driver issue.  I'm using 11g.

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

Does anyone have any more information on this error?  I have the same problem, connecting to a Microsoft AX SQL database.  We moved from QV 9 on a 32 bit Win 2003 machine to QV 10 SR3 on a 64 bit Win 2008 machine last week.

I don't believe it is data related.

If I create a new document with only a full load of a large table, I get "QVX_PIPE_ERROR".  If I only load a single column from the table I get "QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA".  I am using OLE DB and I've tried changing the connection to force 32 bit - same result.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I will be out of the office starting 11/18/2011 and will not return until

11/28/2011.

I will be checking my email very infrequently. If you need immediate

assistance please contact Michael Maziarz at 205.261.6302.

Not applicable
Author

We upgraded to QV 10 (SR4) last week and experience the exact same problem. The loading worked perfectly in QV 9 but now the loadings sometimes just stops and we get QVX_PIPE_ERROR:

If I re-run the task it sometimes executes succesfully. Nasty error indeed. I will report this to QT through our partner as a bug. Anyone else reported this to QT?

best regards,

Johan

Not applicable
Author

I am also getting this error after an upgrade to QV 10. 

It is happening with OLE connections and with ODBC connections as well.  I have reported this to QT.

It is also seems to work fine most of the time when I re-run the task or re-load it manually.

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

I am receiving this error too with SQL Server.  Unsure what the root cause is.  It is intermittent.