Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SalesTrend Bar Chart on Whats New Qlikview 11 Demo Visuals

I am trying to replicate the visual  apperance of the Sales Trend Bar Chart when a selection is made (located on Dashboard Tab) . On my version of this chart the chart stays one colour  and values do not change  as you would expect using the set analysis expression sum( {< Year =,Month =, Region=>}  Sales). Somehow on the demo version the chart shows  the selection superimposed on original chart  . I think this is very cool as you get to see overall  trend numbers (in gray) and the selected timeline etc (in blue)  on the same chart. What am I missing to enable this cool function.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't have QlikView 11 and haven't seen the demo, so I may be completely misunderstanding how it looks.  But you can highlight selected data in earlier versions by using set analysis to keep all the lines in the chart and the background color and line style expressions to highlight.  See attached.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't have QlikView 11 and haven't seen the demo, so I may be completely misunderstanding how it looks.  But you can highlight selected data in earlier versions by using set analysis to keep all the lines in the chart and the background color and line style expressions to highlight.  See attached.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yo are talking about the stacked bar chart with Region as second dimension, right? The trick is the background color expression, just similar to what John said:

=if(getselectedcount(Year) > 0 or getselectedcount(Month) > 0 or getselectedcount(Quarter) > 0 or getselectedcount(MonthYear) > 0 or getselectedcount(Region) > 0,

if(isnull(only([Region])) or isnull(only([MonthYear])) or isnull(only([Year])) or isnull(only([Month])) or isnull(only([Quarter])),LightGray(),RGB(141, 170, 203)),

if(isnull(only([Region])) or isnull(only([MonthYear])) or isnull(only([Year])) or isnull(only([Month])) or isnull(only([Quarter])),LightGray(), RGB(141, 170, 203)))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks John thats exactly what I wanted to accomplish

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It looks like I can simplify my expressions by following Stefan's example, though:

if(getselectedcount(Product) and len(Product),lightred(),lightgray())
if(getselectedcount(Product) and len(Product),'<w2>','<w1>')

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What I personally don't like that much about the demo chart is that the order of stacked regions is the same all the time, so if you select a region different from Nordic (which is the one with the most Sales revenue), the color indicator fo the region is moving to the top, highlighting some area in the middle of the bars, but with no common base line. I find it quite hard to compare the sales revenue across MonthYear then.

You could easily change this by changing the sort order for region dimension to expression (descending):

=Sum( Sales)

(instead of Sum({<Region=>} Sales)

But that's just my personal view.