Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV don't group the dimension date in pivot table

Hi,

i have a problem with a date dimension, when i add my date dimension in the pivot table with any expression, QV don't aggrag eth esemilair date, for exemple:

when i have date=20/11/2011, QV ad all the ligne of table without aggregate this one date in one line .

i don't undrestant why QV don't aggregate automaticly this dimension

can you help me please

thk

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

formatting your DateTime field is not enough. You need to take out the time portion of the field otherwise Qlikview will still group the Pivot Table by the individual distinct times within the given date. You can remove the timestamp and only keep the date by using the floor function.

Floor([Your DateTimeField])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi there

Could you provide more details on the content / background of the chart? It looks like you either:

a) Have an extra dimension in the chart that is hidden or

b) The date field is a timestamp with times, but formatted as a date. Hence all the dates are different but appear the same.

Erica

Not applicable
Author

hiErica,

thk for your response.

there is only the date dimension inthe chart, but thedate format is timestamp but I was formatted in the script.

there is no solution?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

formatting your DateTime field is not enough. You need to take out the time portion of the field otherwise Qlikview will still group the Pivot Table by the individual distinct times within the given date. You can remove the timestamp and only keep the date by using the floor function.

Floor([Your DateTimeField])

Not applicable
Author

Ingo is right. the problem is that the Datedimension includes a time part but is formatted as a date so when you group it as a dimension, it is grouping the different times. Formatting just makes the dates look the same when they aren't actually the same.

EG '20/12/2011 01:30:00' and '20/12/2011 02:23:00' would both be stored with the times but format would display them both as '20/12/2011'

Floor would remove the time portion leaving just the date.

Erica