Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

numeric value into words

Dear all

can i show my numeric figure (i.e Amount into words) like 10 to ten  1000 to one thousand and so on........ is there any way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III

Hi.

If you know the min/max possible amounts you can pre-load the words with a SQL query like that (in Oracle, for example for amount from 1 to 1000) :

select

"amount",

'yourfunction("amount")' "words"

from

(

select

level "amount"

from

dual

connect by level < 1000

)

The best could be to load the words 1 time in 1 shot and keep it in a QVD, and use it in read only. Care this query, if not used properly, can go in infinite loop.

If you have a too huge range but few possibilities, maybe you can create a loop on the possible amounts to retrieve the words from SQL. It means that if you have 5000 distinct amounts, you will send 5000 SQL queries.

Last solution is to translate the function you have in qlikview script or VB script.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Shariq,

Depending on the level of customization you need you can use an inline mapping table:

TextMap:

MAPPING LOAD * INLINE [

Number, Text

1, One

10, Ten

100, One Hundred

1000, One Thousand

];

Number:

LOAD Number,

ApplyMap('TextMap', Number) AS NumberToText

FROM...

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply Miguel ,

That is helpful but it will not work for the figure like $1264 mean "Twelve hundred sixty four dollars" b/c it is not dynamic

I also have the SQL script having a function which convert number to text how can I use this script in Qlikview...

any thing through macros or.....?

nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III

Hi.

If you know the min/max possible amounts you can pre-load the words with a SQL query like that (in Oracle, for example for amount from 1 to 1000) :

select

"amount",

'yourfunction("amount")' "words"

from

(

select

level "amount"

from

dual

connect by level < 1000

)

The best could be to load the words 1 time in 1 shot and keep it in a QVD, and use it in read only. Care this query, if not used properly, can go in infinite loop.

If you have a too huge range but few possibilities, maybe you can create a loop on the possible amounts to retrieve the words from SQL. It means that if you have 5000 distinct amounts, you will send 5000 SQL queries.

Last solution is to translate the function you have in qlikview script or VB script.

Not applicable
Author

nstefaniuk

THANKS ALOT..............I DID IT