Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Background color of Pivot Table Labels

I have a formula embedded in my Expression "Background" color option of a pivot table.   Hence the data cell bg colors change corresponding to the value.  Hence the column label bg color changes to the first color displayed in the column.

Can I change/override the bg column label color?  I have tried the "View", "Design", "cell format"... but that is not working.  Please advise.

36 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Are you expecting the to change the Background color of the Column Headers?

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Slind,

If you want to change the back ground of the particular field(Dimension or Expression), select the background colour and apply =rgb( 'xxx','yyy','zzz') where x,y,z represents the value of rgb of the corresponding colour which u want to substitute.

Hope it helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The background colour of the header will always be the like the background colour of the first sorted cell in the same column. As far as I know, this can not be changed. I've faced the same problem in several applications, but did not find a solution.

Regards,

sebablum

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach sample file.

Regards,

Jagan.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the example attched, is this what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Instead of setting the background color using BackGround expression, try using the Visual Clues tab in chart properties. 

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Yes i agree with Sebablum. the solution which i've given is to change the background colour for the whole column, not only for the label. I don't know whether it's possible to change the colour of label.

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Kaushik,

Very useful sample file. Can you help to guide me how to get this done?

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

All you have to do is first go to Settings-> User preference -> Design -> Check "Always Show design menu item"

Click ok.

Now right click on your chart cell and you will find an option "Custome format cell"

From here you can change the text and background color"

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!