Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Passing Fields to Sub Issue (Like qvc project)

Hi,

I recently downloaded Rob Wunderlich's QVC package and it inspired me to create a sub routine for a project I was working on.

I created a routine that would accept a tablename, field names and a couple of other parameters so that I could automate the loading of external tables.

All works great until if I pass fields (stored in a variable) like "@1 as Feed2_Name, @2 as Feed2_Zipcode", but when I try to pass a variable that has the following

@1 as FEED2_NAME,

IF(Index(@2,'-')>0,mid(@6,1,index(@2,'-')-1), @2) as FEED2_ZIPCODE,

IF(Index(@2,'-')>0,mid(@6,index(@2,'-')+1,4)) as FEED2_ZIP4

I get problems because of the single quotes.  They come over as not double quotes, but two single quotes where there use to be one.

IF(Index(@2,''-'')...

Again, this is coming from a variable "vFeed2_Fields".

Any ideas on how I need to structure the information in the variable so this doesn't happen?

Thanks,

Mark

1 Reply
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Here is what I ended up doing to get this to work.  It feels clunky, but it works:

In the macro that is creating the field list, I use ! instead of single quotes, then AFTER I pass the fields over to routine that is building the table I do a replace:

Let _fieldsFinal = Replace('$(_fields)', '!', chr(39));

//Build table from passed values

[$(_tableName)]:

LOAD

$(_fieldsFinal)

FROM $(_fileName)

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '$(_delimiter)', header is $(headerLines) lines, msq);

If anyone has a better way, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark