7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 1:56 PM by Brian Hockenmaier RSS

    "Server Failed to Set License" Error - QV Server 11

      Hello -

       

      I have installed Qlikview Server 11 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server and just got our control number for our QV rep.  I tried entering the license and control number under the System tab in Management Console, however I get the following error:

       

      "Server failed to set license: QVS@chcxwbaclq001: Failed to connect to server"

       

      I'm assuming that the licensing is all correct and that I have a connectivity issue.  What typically causes this error and how can I resolve it?

       

      Thanks!!

        • "Server Failed to Set License" Error - QV Server 11
          Rakesh Mehta

          - Can you connect to Internet form the Server? If not, you need to place LEF contents

          - Are you using SYSTEM user in QlikView services? Change services to use an AD account which is local admin on the box. Restart the services and then apply license

          - Check withows event logs and provide details here

          - Contact QlikView support

            • "Server Failed to Set License" Error - QV Server 11

              I can connect to the internet on the server.  I'm also admin on the box.  Regarding restarting Qlikview services - how do I even do that?  I don't see an intuitive way to start/stop/restart anywhere in Management Console. 

                • "Server Failed to Set License" Error - QV Server 11

                  Alright, so I contacted our QlikTech rep and she put me in touch with someone in tech support who promptly arranged a WebEx with me.  The real issue was that I did not have a service account connecting to the application and it was trying to connect as local user (me).  The support rep showed me how to do that and I was up and running in about three minutes.  Response from the entire team was quick and easy.

                    • Re: "Server Failed to Set License" Error - QV Server 11

                      I am out of the office until 03/14/2012.

                       

                      I will be out of office today for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). For any urgent request or escalation, kindly contact  Nick-rcm Price or Jannette Lobemeier. Thanks

                       

                       

                      Note: This is an automated response to your message  "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: "Server Failed to Set License" Error - QV Server 11" sent on 13.03.2012 18:09:43.

                       

                      This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

                      --

                       

                      Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

                       

                      Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

                      • "Server Failed to Set License" Error - QV Server 11

                        I too had the same problem and called tech support.  The soution was fairly simple...

                        1.  Go to your Windows computer management console and open Services

                        2.  For each of services that say "QlikView....", open the properties dialog, go to the "Log On" tab,  click on "This account" radio button, and set the account and password to your domain/username (if you log in using a domain account).    That fixed it for me.  Then I was able to go back to the QlikView management console and re-enter the licenses without getting the error messages.

                  • "Server Failed to Set License" Error - QV Server 11

                    Thanks Liu, It helped.