Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to publish a report in qlikview

Hi everyone...

I'm completely new to qlikview.. and need help in publishing my reports..
i've qlikveiw desktop edition installed in my system.

My queries are:

1) Wat are the prerequisites for publishing reports.

2) i've leased license to a server. but no clue wat to do with it .  is this server is enough for me to publish qlikview reports

or i've to install qlikview server inside my sys??

3) hypothetically speaking if my server is setup how i can make my reports available in the accesspoint??

Plz help me out.. if there are any tutorial links plz post it here..

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

@1. What do you mean by publish? If you want to distribute your QlikView application to multiple people a server might be needed indeed, regardless if you are using reports or not.

Reports can not be displayed separately at the Accesspoint of the server. They are an integral part of a QlikView document. You have to build them in the QlikView desktop (see "Reports" in the top menu once a QVW has been opened in the desktop).

@2. Leasing a license is something you do in order to get your QlikView Personal Edition desktop to become a fully valid version where you also have the ability to open documents created by others.

If the server has a valid license you can get the reports and qvw documents to your users.

@3. You can't. Reports can not be displayed separately at the Accesspoint of the server. They are an integral part of a QlikView document.When users open a document (.QVW) on Accesspoint they can then open the report that's in there.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the info kjeld

HirisH_V7
Master
Master