That is one of the problems that is hard for IT to understand. When you do a distribution using QlikView it only sets up the users you pick in the task to have rights to the document. So if you start removing rights at the folder level this is where the problem starts. I would recommend you create a group of all the Qlikview users and set that group to have rights at the folder level or best yet leave the folder security alone.
Thanks for your response.
To clarify, we have not made any changes to the folder permissions. All we did was upgrade from 9SR7 to 11SR1 and we started having this problem.
The interesting thing here is that even the users listed for the task do not show up in the Security for that document. The only user that shows up is Qlikview Publisher.