Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to display top 5 customers in pivot table

hi all,

i m facing problem in displaying top five customers in pivot table ,which i want to determine from 'item_netamt; field. in mkg_sale_details table there is multiple 'item_netamt; entries against customers .i want to get top 5 customers on the basis of top 5 sum('item_netamt;) per customer.

is there any function which can be used in chart expression to get the desired.

thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

thanx for reply!!

but i still have some problem in it, it displays 'error in calculated expression' in pivot table.

for your help, i have four fields in pivot table, which are country,state,city, sum(item_netamt) apart from top 5 customers. all fields are coming from different tables which are associated in qlikview.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ipauldur
Creator
Creator

Hi,

You can use the sraight table and sort the expression values in descending order.

Then,on the presentation tab you can mention "Max Number(1-100)=5.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Use aggr function with Rank in combination:

below is to show Top 10 Category for jul 2009 basis count of call no

if(aggr(rank(Count(If(Open_Period='Jul 2009',Callno))),Catagory)<=10,Catagory)

Not applicable
Author

Hi

To do this, you would use the Aggr and Rank functions on the expression you have in your pivot table.

Let's assume you have only one dimension called Customer in the pivot, and that you have only one expression which is Sum(Item_NetAmt), in this case you would amend your expression as follows:

= IF ( Aggr ( Rank ( Sum ( Item_NetAmt ) , Customer ) <= 5 , Sum ( Item_NetAmt ) )

So, what you are doing here is aggregating the sum of item_netamt over the customer dimension and then checking that the rank of that aggregation is up to 5, if it is then show the sum, ohterwise show nothing.

Note: If you have more than one dimension in your pivot then you should make sure that the aggregation (Aggr) function recognises that by including those dimensions in the aggr function.

Good luck,

Not applicable
Author

thanx for reply!!

but i still have some problem in it, it displays 'error in calculated expression' in pivot table.

for your help, i have four fields in pivot table, which are country,state,city, sum(item_netamt) apart from top 5 customers. all fields are coming from different tables which are associated in qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

If you have more than one dimension in your pivot then you must recognise this in the Aggr function that you use. You should remember that the Aggr function moves outside of any dimensions that exist in the chart, which means that it will ignore those dimensions and aggregate according to what you tell it to aggregate.

The expression I gave you was:

= IF ( Aggr ( Rank ( Sum ( Item_NetAmt ) , Customer ) <= 5 , Sum ( Item_NetAmt ) )

However, if you have Country, State, City (in that order) in your pivot table as dimensions, then you should create an expression as follows:

= IF ( Aggr ( Rank ( Sum ( item_netamt ) , Country, State, City ) <= 5 , Sum ( item_netamt ) )

If you are still getting the error message after doing this, could you pop an example of your application onto the thread and I'll take a look.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Newlearner,

The original formula

= IF ( Aggr ( Rank ( Sum ( Item_NetAmt ) , Customer ) <= 5 ), Sum ( Item_NetAmt ) ) has one right parenthesis misplaced.

The correct fomula should read :

= IF ( Aggr ( Rank ( Sum ( Item_NetAmt )) , Customer ) <= 5 , Sum ( Item_NetAmt ) )

regards,

Not applicable
Author

Good morning! friend

I am facing  the same problem and I need your help

I try to display the first 10 sales per country in a Pivot table

sales.PNG.png

so I added this expression in dimensions

Capture.PNG.png

and as a result I have

Capture.PNG.png

as you can see  for 2010 it gives a result  USA-> France-> germany  and the logical order is USA-> France-> UK

why?

Thank you for your answers