Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar UI using Pivot table

Hi - Someone mockup like a calendar UI using pivot table object, I liked this. I have also attached the same QVW file which has this mock up object with data. A couple of questions on whoever did this or anyone who has an idea.

a) First of all, I can't see the load scripts on this file. Do you know how to get the load scripts for Calendar object which has data already.

b) Secondly, I tried to do this again using Pivot using the same logic as it exists already, but unable to replicate the same functionality? Could someone help me out as I need to implement similar to this on my project.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Its me again. Just so you know as what's the challenge that I am facing. How did that person get the Month, Week and Day all on the same row(line) with Day going across at the top.

If I try out with Day going across the top by moving Day to the top then Month, Week and Day are not on the same row also it looses the look and feel of this object. Just could not work out as how did he manage to look like a calendar using Pivot.

Any help with steps on it would be much appreciated.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

a. The script was removed by the author after loading the data. It's gone and there's no way to retrieve it other than asking the author for it.

b. As you can see there are three dimensions and three expressions. Dragging the Day into the right position can be a bit tricky, but it is possible. You need to drag it a bit to the right and then to the top until you see a horizontal blue line with arrows. Once you see that you let it land there.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert. I am almost there with point b) and confident that I can get there with some help of custom Format Cell as well.

I understand about the point a) but all I need is how did he calculate the "MonthWeek" field? If you look at the data in that calendar table, he has "MonthWeek" which goes from 1 to max 6. I think this is correct, but not sure what logics did he use it calcualte this field? Any thoughts?

Not applicable
Author

all sorted it out thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Can you please tell me how has the author removed the border so that all expressions look as if they are part of same cell?