I use a Macro to fix this issue. I do have one list box working perfectly but another doesn't so I cant promiss it will be 100%. I am currently trying to make this bullet proof but hopefully it should be fine for your purpose.
- Add a text box. e.g. "Update account list"
- Click on actions tab and add a "External" -> "Run Macro"
- Call the Macro something and then press edit module. e.g. "AccountPathRefresh"
- Copy the below into the module and update the sub ************* to be the same as the module to be the same as the one your text will call when it is pressed.
- Update the getsheetobject("****") to be the object name of your list box.
Note: you can uncomment the msgbox lines to use for testing.
set vObject = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("LB02")
vChange.Layout.ShowAsTreeView = false
vChange.Layout.ShowAsTreeView = true