I have a follow up question to what you mentioned about the account running the service. Will it matter if the account is different, but both have identical admin access? I have similar issue with what Tammy mentioned, except that it happens to any tasks, not just a new one.
Note: Not sure if this helps, but this is a brand new server (Server2) that I have Publisher (only QDS & QMC) installed from scratch, but has its configuration migrated from the Server1).
I migrated the previous Publisher configuration (QV11.2 SR3) by copying over the content of "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService" (which as QVPR folder, qvp_Machine1.ini, reginfo.txt, Publisher.LEF) from Server1 to Server2.
At the moment, I'm not sure why some files are not distributed properly (there's 1 report I only distributed to myself, but another user with named_cal can see it, even though he's not a recipient) - I'm trying to analyze whether I didn't do the migration & settings properly, or is it because I changed the account running the service.
Thanks alot for your advise.