Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic sorting in Straight table chart

The Straight table chart provides an option to sort the data by any of the available columns but one at a time.

I've a peculiar requirement where the user wants to be able to sort the data on multiple fields,i.e. he should be able to select multiple fields and then sort the data.

Can we achieve this by some configuration/macro ?

5 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

To sort by multiple fields, just work in reverse order. Let's say you have a "First Name" column and a "Last Name" column. If you want to sort by First Name and Last Name (putting "Bob Smith" before "Mary Smith" before "Will Anderson"), just double click on the columns in the opposite order - Last Name, then First Name. That's a very common sorting behavior in GUIs, so learning it should help your user in more than just QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your inputs John.

Sorry for the delayed reply as this requirement had got kinda subdued for a while and I have not worked much on this after that.

Your approach does make sense and as you have said it is a common sorting behaviour in GUIs. But, I was just wondering if there is an option to select multiple fields at once and then choosing to sort.

Well, it may sound a bit excel-ish but I wanted to check if there is something available like that.

Thanks anyways.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, supporting Excel-style sorting certainly seems like an obvious enhancement, even if it's low priority since it can be done already in a different way. Perhaps they'll add it some day.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Were you able to find a solution to sort straight table on multiple columns. I have sub-totals in my straight table which I calculate at script level and display in UI. All of it changes if I allow Interactive sort. I want to sort straight table first by one column and then by another column

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Priyadarsini Krishnamurthy did you find a solution to set priority to the sorting first by your 2nd column, and than 1st column?

best Regards,

Chris