Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data File Corruption

<body><p> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document" /> <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10" /> <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10" /> <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\komavl00\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_filelist.xml" /> <o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables /> <w:SnapToGridInCell /> <w:WrapTextWithPunct /> <w:UseAsianBreakRules /> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]> <object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui> </object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--> <style> &lt;!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --&gt; </style> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> <p >Hello All,</p> <p > </p> <p >I have a problem with data transfer from client&rsquo;s database to QVD files. We are using ODBC to connect to DB (Firebird/Interbase driver) and the daily script to execute this transfer is pretty simple:</p> <p ><b>ODBC</span></b> </span><b>CONNECT</span></b> </span><b>TO</span></b> </span>[FB-ODBC]; </span></p> <p ><i> </span></i></p> <p ><i>Tables:</span></i></span></p> <p ><b>LOAD</span></b> </span>@1</span> </span><b>as</span></b> </span>tableNames </span></span></p> <p ><b>FROM</span></b></span></p> <p >.. </span>\_externalData\TableNames.txt  </span>// text file with all required table names </span></span></p> <p >(</span>txt</span>, </span>codepage</span> </span>is</span> </span>1252</span>, </span>no</span> </span>labels</span>, </span>delimiter</span> </span>is</span> </span>'\t'</span>, </span>msq</span>)</span>;</span></span></p> <p ><b> </span></b></p> <p ><b>set</span></b> </span>ErrorMode</span> = </span>0</span>;</span></span></p> <p ><b> </span></b></p> <p ><b>for</span></b> i = 0 </span><b>to</span></b> NoOfRows('Tables') - 1</span></p> <p ><b>let</span></b> </span>vTable</span> = </span>peek</span>(</span>'tableNames'</span>, </span>i</span>, </span>'Tables'</span>)</span>;</span></span></p> <p ><b><i>$(vTable)</span></i></b>:</span></p> <p >SQL SELECT * from </span><b><i>$(vTable)</span></i></b>;</span></p> <p > </span></p> <p ><b>store</span></b> </span><b><i>$(vTable)</span></i></b> </span><b>into</span></b> </span>. </span>.\_xxx\xxxxx\</span><b><i>$(vTable)</span></i></b>.qvd;</span></p> <p ><b>drop</span></b> </span><b>table</span></b> </span><b><i>$(vTable)</span></i></b><i>;</span></i></span></p> <p ><b>next </span></b></p> <p > </p> <p > </p> <p >The issue I have is the data file corruption: some blank records are populated with the data from other records from the same field. Please note that it is happening during scheduled daily execution (running the qvw with the above script seems to be producing the correct qvd file). </p> <p > </p> <p >We are running QV v9.0 SR2 release (64-bit version on the server that produces these qvd files and most of client&rsquo;s workstations are running 32-bit version of QV). </p> <p > </p> <p >Did anybody experience similar issues in the past? Were they fixed with SR3/SR4 releases?</p> <p > </p> <p >I would appreciate an advice. </p> <p > </p> <p >Best regards,</p> <p >Vladimir</p> </p></body>

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem...null values in text field are polulated with first found non null value.

I try with Q9, 8.5 and 7.52. The same effect...

I try to read from the same odbc with excel and works fine.

I ttry Firebird odbc ver 1.2.0.69 and 2.0.0.148 - the same problem.

Please, I need quickly a solution.

Thanks,

Valentin

Not applicable
Author

Did you ever find an answer to this problem. I am experiencing similiar issue. SQL Server 2008 64 bit - null values in my varchar column are being loaded in as spaces in my qvd.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you find a solution for this?? We have the same problem here.

rgrds

Anita