Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Relative path for image display

Hi,

I would want to display the images stored in the system in a straight table as a mini chart image,i am able to do this when i pass the entire path to the chart but unable to acheive the same using relative path approach.Can anyone please guide me on how  i could get the image displayed through relative path approach. I have attached the sample application for reference where chk1 chart is given the complete path and in chk2 chart i have put the expression to get the image through relative path approach which does'nt seem to work

The expression that i have used is:

=if(my_color='red','..\..\led_r_2.png')

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use images stored on the file system in expressions. You need to bundle load those images into qlikviews internal image table. Also you can't use such images in mini charts. You can only use them in expressions that return the image path so the image is shown if the representation of the expression is set to image.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

I don't believe you do need to bundle load the images.  I have use a relative path many time however I typically place the images in a subfolder of the location I place the QVW.  So the path is something like '\MyPictures\image.jpg' where the MyPictures folder is in the same folder as the QVW.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Wassenaar,

Could you please share me any sample Application, It would be really Helpful for me

Regards,

Ram

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I stand corrected. You can use the relative paths to images on the file system. See attached file.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand