Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Deploy qlikview in a cloud enviroment

Greetings,

Is it possible to deploy qlikview server in a cloud environment and access the access point. According to the research ive done, it is possible to host a cloud by using openstack (linux). How ever it is not possible to run the qlikview server in linux platform. What are the other alternatives in order to host qlikview reports via cloud..
Help will be much appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Adil,

Greetings of the day. First of all thank you for your post. Hopefully I will be able to address your query.

1-Yes, It is possible to deploy qlikview server in a cloud environment but there are few key aspects of hosting qlikview in cloud environment. Whenever cloud environments are discussed, SaaS the most common term automatically comes in mind but qlikview does not provide directly a SaaS service.

2- There is no Access Point in Qlikview Cloud Environment (I doubt)

3- True, Qlikview does not support linux environment

Infrastructure as a Servire (IaaS) - You may create a virtual windows server environment on fly.

Qlikview is having two cloud vendors:

1- Amazon EC2

2- Microsoft Azure

One more thing, If you have seen demo.qlikview on qlikview website, those demos runs by IaaS model with one of the vendor which is Amazon EC2.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/

View solution in original post

6 Replies
advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Adil,

Greetings of the day. First of all thank you for your post. Hopefully I will be able to address your query.

1-Yes, It is possible to deploy qlikview server in a cloud environment but there are few key aspects of hosting qlikview in cloud environment. Whenever cloud environments are discussed, SaaS the most common term automatically comes in mind but qlikview does not provide directly a SaaS service.

2- There is no Access Point in Qlikview Cloud Environment (I doubt)

3- True, Qlikview does not support linux environment

Infrastructure as a Servire (IaaS) - You may create a virtual windows server environment on fly.

Qlikview is having two cloud vendors:

1- Amazon EC2

2- Microsoft Azure

One more thing, If you have seen demo.qlikview on qlikview website, those demos runs by IaaS model with one of the vendor which is Amazon EC2.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Is there a possibility to connect to a QlikView cloud space as a service for experimentation?

Not applicable
Author

All components of QikView architecture can reside within the cloud, including AccessPoint. Generally speaking, you'll install QlikView within cloud environment (Amazon), you'll the allocate an elastic IP address to give the server a permanent IP address, the IP address is reachable externally. You'll require some form of authentication mechanism to be in place,  authenticating each user access QlikView (AD/LDAP/Http Headers/WebTickets etc). Depending whether the instance is private or public,  you will transfer data and QlikView applications to the cloud and reload/refresh the applications  using Publisher as normal (cloud running self contained QV deployment). Applications will be accessed as normal via AccessPoint then executed on QlikView Server.

Some customer chose to split architecture,  QlikView webserver and QlikView Server in the Cloud, with Publisher on-premise,  reloading/refreshing data (close to the data-source),  Publisher distributes the application to the QlikView Server in the Cloud.

Hope this helps ?

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

You'll should be able to consume the QlikView Management Service (API) as a web-service.

Hope this helps

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Steve, do you know if someone providing a QlikView server as a service, so I do not have to purchase any licenses to experiment?

Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

I would contact Rosselyn Analytics, they provide QlikView SaaS. I believe ATOS also offer this type of service also.

Steve