Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error while connecting oracle DB

Dear Experts,
I am getting below error in Qlikview while trying to connect oracle through ODBC. Please help.

Unable to connect
SQLState=IM003
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 998:Invalid access to memory location.

Thanks,
Saravanan

Message was edited by: Saravanan Vijaya Sundaram

6 Replies
sadickbasha
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Saravanan,

This seems to be permission issue at DB side. indicated. If the user that is attempting to invoke ODBC (or OLE DB, OO4O, etc) doesn't have permission on the %ORACLE_HOME% directory and subdirectories, this error may be thrown. If an Administrator account installs the software, make sure that the appropriate file system permissions are granted.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sadick,

We have given a full permission to oracle_home directory and subdirectories. But still we face the same issue. Please advise.

Thanks,

Saravanan

sadickbasha

Are you able to successfully connect to the DB from ODBC Administrator? if yes please check whether you can connect using 'Force 32bit' option in Qlikview script editor

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sadick,

No, I am not able to connect oracle db from ODBC administrator with 'Oracle in oraclient10g_home1' driver. Please advise.

Thanks,

Saravanan

sadickbasha

Saravanan,

Please check with your DB administrator. seems something to be done at DB side nothing related to Qlikview.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I would suggest a re installation of Oracle client on your server, might help you.

After installation make sure that you can connect to your oracle database from Oracle client.

Also make sure that the installation file is 64 bit.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!