Performance and Optimization Best Practices in QlikView & Qlik Sense

To help Qlik customers and Qlik partners, I amalgamated a group of resources from many contributors over the years to deliver a solid 1 hour performance and best practices webinar.  The presentation was recorded and presented during the AMERICAS Virtual User Group in January 2016.  The feedback has been very positive and I would encourage any individual in a presales , consulting or general  qlik developer to have a look and disseminate how they see fit.

To me , the value of this webinar is as follows

1. It instills an understanding of why a best practice is a best practice.   If you understand why something is good for performance, you are more likely to come up with ideas to resolve issues.  The webinar establishes a core understanding of how Qlik stores and manages data . This is important because most of our best practices related directly back to the data storage model.  A dimensional field with millions of unique values will create a disproportionately large symbol table that itself contains many disproportionately large bit stuffed pointer values which must also be referenced in the relevant data table ...  that type of thing.
      • Qlik Storage Model and best practices

2. It helps you understand why hardware is important and why certain hardware introduces latency for the in-memory engine.

• Data in Motion

3. Reviews 3 approaches to data volume scalability and the trade-offs , constraints, and benefits of each .  

• Data Segmentation
      • Direct Discovery
      • On-Demand App Generation