Goal: insert country flags into an Excel report.
- Create a folder and insert all flag images into it.
- Use the values of the QlikView country field as file names.
- Create a text object in the QlikView document you want to use as data source.
- Insert the formula ='C:\NPrintingTraining\Pictures\' & GetFieldSelections(Country) & '.bmp' (rather than 'C:\NP_Training\Pictures\' & GetFieldSelections(Country) & '.bmp') as the foreground text.
- When a single country will be selected this text field will display the related flag. Save the QlikView document.
- Create a Qlik NPrinting connection to the QlikView document or refresh the metadata cache if the connection was already present.
- Create a new Excel report template as usual.
- Add the table with the data as a level and drag and drop it into the template.
- Add the new text object into the Images node and drag and drop it into the template.
Save the template and run a preview.