Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

is it possible ot read encrypted text in qlikview from external source and decrypt it inside

Dear Team,

We are reading DB credential(Userid,passowrd,servicename,hostname) from excel in plain text format .But clients is asking us to encrypt the text in excel and read it in qlikview during load and make successful databse connection to be used for DIRECT QUERY.

Is it really possible to read some encrypted text colum  from external source like excel file  and decrypt it in qlikview with real text.

Please guide.

5 Replies
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

what is the type of database that you are connecting to?

I can walk on water when it freezes
aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It is an Oracle Database 11g  that we would connect to .

Only thing that clients wants is that in excel the password should be either lik e"*******"" masked or encrypted .

Whole idea is like below:

DBPARAMETER:
LOAD
FROM
$(SheetsConfiguration)---------->Path of excel file where db parameters rae given
//(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);  //excel 2003
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is DB);   // excel 2007
LET VUSER=Peek('DBUser',0,'DBPARAMETER');
LET VPWD=Peek('DBPwd',0,'DBPARAMETER');
LET VHOST=Peek('DBhost',0,'DBPARAMETER');
LET VSERVICE=Peek('DBServicename',0,'DBPARAMETER');

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=$(VPWD);User ID=$(VUSER);Data Source=$(VSERVICE)];

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

if you are connecting to only one database then put your connection string in the Hidden Script

and when you use connect in the script editor and the username and password would be hashed

this is my suggestion

I can walk on water when it freezes