Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Regarding personal Edition...

HI all,

I am using Qlikview  personal edition from last 7 months.

its working good.

wat are the limitations of this personal edition. how long its work and few months back I will develop one qvw now its not opening...

why its not opening anyone knows the reason......personal edition work how many months...

Thanks&Regards,

Ravi.

7 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Qlikview personal edition has no time limit.

Limitation: You can't open qlikview file which was developed by other user. (Maximum 2 times you can open)

Did you uninstall the QV and install again?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replay...

hi ramasamy,

when I uninstall and install the qlikview I loss the previous developed files. qlikview personal edition works now good but my problem is I can't opening the old developed files....

regards,

ravi.

sudhir0538
Creator
Creator

Hai Ravi..

Yes,You're correct. Even though you develop the QVW in your system,if you uninstall and reinstall, it won't open.

You have 2 options to open those files.

1)Install Qlikview in any other system and open in it.(max 2 or 3 can be possible)

2)You can open it any Qlikview licence leased server.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

As far as I remember  Personal Edition is assigned to user/pc.

Please contact customer service with your questions

Pulkit_Thukral
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

The Personal Edition gives you full Desktop Client functionality but only allows you to open QlikView apps created on your PC/laptop.

You can open only 2 QVW that are developed outside your system.

It seems be a license issue as by pressing continue in personal edition you are entitled to recover only few applications.

For more information see this :QlikView Personal Edition problems with opening files

MayilVahanan

Hi

Whenever you install new Qlikview personal desktop, its assign unique id to user pc.

The qv file which you created, its assign to that id.. So you can open or edit the file which is created on that particular edition.

If you reinstall again, its create another unique id.. So its indicates somewhat like, you can;t open the file which is created by other user..

If you want to open those files, then u need qv license..

Hope u understand it

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
sudhir0538
Creator
Creator

Yep..

Completely Understood.

Thanks All.