Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Script consisting only of some EXECUTE commands - impossible?

Hi,

I have an app in QlikView that I want to use to capture some bugs in another report - I want to secure the data as it is at the time that the report is run - so I have exactly the same that is in the report, except that there are no filters.

=> Then I could use some listboxes to look at exactly the items that the other report did not show and hopefully find out why.

I thought, we have a data_loading_app, so the qvd_files of all the tables I need are created hourly, so I just have to somehow backup those qvd_files that I need at that time to keep them from again being overwritten.

For some reason, though, that does not work: The app is fine, with just three >> EXECUTE...copy << commands in the script, it runs, but there is a dialog_window.

I can launch the app from the console and it runs fine, withoug dialog_window.

<=> But it does not run at the time I schedule.

Also, there is no document_log at all, only a Distribution_report in xml format, but that cannot be displayed correctly  by IE.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Could it be that a script consisting only of EXECUTE commands is not valid in QlikView? If so, what should I do to make it work?

P.S: I could also imagine that the server simply does not allow the execution of that command-line COPY - but in that  case, should there not be a log saying so?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

in general do applications with only some EXECUTE statements work (I have a lot of them for copy & synchronization files and data and various exporting & printing tasks - and quite important I'm always logged in on the server and some tasks run not directly else the qvw-execution runs a windows tasks which then runs the real batch).

If there are problems they are most often related to missing access-right, security-topics and user-configurations. In your case could be the last mentioned user-configurations the reason. Then if it worked by manually triggering the task within the qmc and not by a scheduled task which very probably runs without any user is logged in into the server. This meant the qvw with the EXECUTION runs with the access rights from the server-user but the started cmd-statement or batch runs without a looged in user only with a system default-user which probaly had not the proper access-rights and other configurations.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

in general do applications with only some EXECUTE statements work (I have a lot of them for copy & synchronization files and data and various exporting & printing tasks - and quite important I'm always logged in on the server and some tasks run not directly else the qvw-execution runs a windows tasks which then runs the real batch).

If there are problems they are most often related to missing access-right, security-topics and user-configurations. In your case could be the last mentioned user-configurations the reason. Then if it worked by manually triggering the task within the qmc and not by a scheduled task which very probably runs without any user is logged in into the server. This meant the qvw with the EXECUTION runs with the access rights from the server-user but the started cmd-statement or batch runs without a looged in user only with a system default-user which probaly had not the proper access-rights and other configurations.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

that's what I thought - the server blocks the execution of that command-line COPY command. But why is there no document_log telling me so?

Well, never mind. I changed the script now so that the qvd_files - created every hour - are just loaded and the data is then stored away again.

Best regards,

DataNibbler