Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Anyone have nPrinting 17.1 working with Qlik Sense?

We ran into an issue with not being able to preview a template or schedule a report to actually run.  I can connect to an app and build a template.  But can't go any further than that.

I know that Qlik is working on this bug.  But I was wondering if anyone actually has it working or if this is a global issue that affects everyone?

If it is an environmental issues I would love to know so that maybe I could work around it.

Also, with what I could do I found a couple of frustating things that hopefully can be changed in future releases.

1.  To build the connection you have to actually have the app ID.  Annoying to have to go look up.  Not the end of the world.  But would be nice if you could pick the app by name instead.

2.  When building the template and loading objects you have no name or description of the objects unless you gave it a Title in the actual App.  Without the title there is no way to identify the object from the list.  And there are times that you don't want to give the object a title in the actual dashboard.  So you are kind of forced to do this.

39 Replies
ajayrai
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

I tried the implementation and I did it successfully. I sent the report to Hub, Newsstand and EMail. It is working fine. I am using sense 3.0.1 and Nprinting 17.1

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Are QS and nPrinting running on the same server?

ajayrai

Yes I have installed QS and Nprinting on same machine. But I am using different logon accounts for the services of QS and Nprinting.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

What kind of report did you create?

Does it include images in the report?

Images are what is causing my installation to not work.

ajayrai

I made Html and ppt reports in which I used images. It is taking long while previewing but when I skipped the preview part I was able to distribute it on Newstand, hub and Mail.

Can you share the exact problem I mean after which step you are facing the problem and log file.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I have been unable to create a report with images included.  The designer just hangs and has to be killed in task manager.

I have had Qlik looking at this and they have even done a clean install themselves.  Still not working.

Not applicable

I strongly recommend downloading either 17.1.2 which is the current GA version or the tech preview of 17.2 which you can find here:

NPrinting 17.2 Technical Preview

Best

Aran

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Finally, I got an installation working satisfactorily. But... for this I had to do a new installation, all on my personal machine ( not in server). In this new installation everything works perfectly, including reports with images. However, in my previous installation  which was on a Server Azure, reports with pictures yet still not working. In view of this, I guess in the previous installation, something is blocking the requests for imaging in the reports, I'm still investigating the reason, since for both installations I did the same procedure.

Regards,

DG

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

We have tried it with 17.1.2 and still not working.

I will try 17.2 as soon as it is available.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Did you check what Version of MS Ofiice was installed on the Server (32 or 64 bit)?

Maybe that matters when previewing your reports...

Cheers