cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Aggregate into a Button field

Hi All,

I'm trying to use a calculated expression into a button, I am now putting this:

=aggr(count(distinct [Don - Key]),[Pers - Code])

into the field and

=2

as search string.

It's not working, so I'm not sure. Can I use an expression into the Field? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help,

Diego

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Diego,

With your example is more clear that you want to do.

1.- On each button create one action to Select Field

2.- On Field write your field [Pers  - Code]

3.- On respect button write this:

• For 1 action: ='('&Concat({<[Don - Key]={"=aggr(count(distinct [Don - Key]), [Pers  - Code])=1"}>} Distinct [Pers  - Code],'|')&')'
  • For 2 actions:='('&Concat({<[Don - Key]={"=aggr(count(distinct [Don - Key]), [Pers  - Code])=2"}>} Distinct [Pers  - Code],'|')&')'
  • For 3 action2:='('&Concat({<[Don - Key]={"=aggr(count(distinct [Don - Key]), [Pers  - Code])=3"}>} Distinct [Pers  - Code],'|')&')'
  • For 4 actions:='('&Concat({<[Don - Key]={"=aggr(count(distinct [Don - Key]), [Pers  - Code])=4"}>} Distinct [Pers  - Code],'|')&')'

This expression returns an string with the values of Pers-Code concatenated, and separated by | (qlikview standard for select more than one value) on Don-Key (calculated by =aggr(count(distinct [Don - Key]), [Pers  - Code])) are 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Regards!!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

For select in field action? I doubt. What exactly are you trying to do? Select Pers - Code where Count(DISTINCT [Don - Key]) = 2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Diego,

On field, you have to return the name of a field, and on expression the value. What do you wanna do with this button?

Which action are you using?

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

I'll try to explain

I have a database with people ([Pers - Code] is the code) and they are doing actions that I store in a different table ([Don - Key] is the key of this actions).

I'd like to create a button that give me the possibility to choose people that do a number of actions (2 is just an example) in the current set of selections (so I can't do it in the script).

Using " aggr(count(distinct [Don - Key]),[Pers - Code]) " I can have the number of actions for each people, but I can't create a button to do selections on this

Not applicable
Author

I'll try to explain

I have a database with people ([Pers - Code] is the code) and they are doing actions that I store in a different table ([Don - Key] is the key of this actions).

I'd like to create a button that give me the possibility to choose people that do a number of actions (2 is just an example) in the current set of selections (so I can't do it in the script).

Using " aggr(count(distinct [Don - Key]),[Pers - Code]) " I can have the number of actions for each people, but I can't create a button to do selections on this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Diego,

Create a variable:

vVar = Concat(Distinct [Don - Key],',')

Now, edit your button action:

On field put [Pers - Code].

On expression put: '('&Concat({<[Don - Key]={$(vVar)}>} Distinct [Pers - Code],'|')&')'

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm trying but it seems not working to me.. Where do I say that if I push the button I select the value 2, 3 or a different one?

Kind regards

Diego

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Diego, with my code you select the people who has the keys selected. If you want to do it with static numbers, you don't need the variable.

'('&Concat({<[Don - Key]={2}>} Distinct [Pers - Code],'|')&')'

Regards!!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your help, I'm still not able to make it works but I'm trying to understand why, probably I just need to study better the Set analysis statement.

From what I can read in your, you expect to find a [Don - Key] equals to 2, is it correct? If yes, it can't works for me because I need to count the keys for each person and select the people who have a number of action equals to 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please, attach one example of your app, plz.