Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Step by step guide ?

Hello Guys,

I am quite new to Qlikview. I have seen some videos about loading data,and each objects (some of them).

I would like your help on the following.

I have been able to connect to SQL Server Database View and get the following table

Date (DD/MM/YYYY)

Year YYYY

Month MM

Day DD

Salesrep

Customer

CustomerChannel

Item

ItemCategory

Qty

NetSales

I did create some listboxes (Salesrep/CustomerChannel/ItemCategory/Item)for selection and a calendar.

I am not being able to display the data.

What I am looking for now is the following.

How to get (out of the table I have) the following "new" measures ?

MTD and YTD

LYMTD LYYTD

I would like those new measures to be available in my table (displayed).

I would appreciate a video,step by step guide coz I am really new to this !!

Thank you for your help !

5 Replies
MarcoWedel

please post some sample data and your expected result

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have attached some sample data and what is expected.

What I am trying to understand (to re-phrase my question) is that if I have a table (my data) that has some columns and I wanted to add some calculated fields (on the fly-they don't exist in the data structure per say) how do I add them and how do I display them in other tables.charts,reports.

In the example I sent, I have my sales transactions, and I want to calculate the MTD (month to date) sales per customer. and Also LYMTD(last yeat Month to Date) so that we could compare this year vs last year (same period) - month and Update to today (YTD)

so my question is :

How do I create these fields based on my initial data ?

How do I use them in other tables, charts once I have created them.

Thank you

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What formulae or metrics you have wrote for that.

And then try those formulae in scripting using preceding load then take those fields for table box and see how this works

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Hi Again,

I am so new to Qlik that I have no idea about formulae or even preceding load !!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

In my opinion the best way to get these sort of metrics is to use a calendar to link to your date.

This post here really will tell you everything you need to know about calendars and how to use them, anything other answer would just be repeating things said many many times before

How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values

Remember if this was a helpful or correct answer, please mark it as such