Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to interactively zoom in and out in google map

Dear all,

I need a hand and a slider like the ones shown in the link, which allow me to drag wherever I want and zoom in and out at any zoom levels. http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/examples/map-simple.html

I've checked GoogleMap API, it's way too advanced for me and not QlikView-oriented. Can anyone help me with this? Please provide me some examples at least. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Dear Ptung,

Because I can't send you our QlikView application I included the Google Maps Example QVW (created by Anthony Deighton). In this application I included a zoom slider that we use for our Google Maps presentation in QlikView. It's relatively simple, but it's a start.

Good luck!

Mark

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dear Ptung,

Because I can't send you our QlikView application I included the Google Maps Example QVW (created by Anthony Deighton). In this application I included a zoom slider that we use for our Google Maps presentation in QlikView. It's relatively simple, but it's a start.

Good luck!

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Mark,

That's a fantastic addition! I'm so glad! Has that gotten back to Anthony?

J

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!! That's brilliant!!

Do you have any idea about the "hand"? Smile

Not applicable
Author

I don't think the "hand" is possible, this could only be possible using an OCX, too bad I have no experience with including OCX objects in QlikView.

In the past I also did some experiments with arrows to move the map, but I can't find the application anymore.. 😞

@Jay:

No, I did not tell Anthony about this, but in fact it's very easy so probably he already know about this possibility.

Not applicable
Author

Found it! I added the movement arrows to the Google Maps QVW like before.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!! This is very creative!! Yes

Not applicable
Author

To show you what is possible I also included a search box using a Yahoo Maps Webservice to get the right coordinates. 🙂
I don't know if there is also a Google Maps WS for this available.

Off course you need internet to use this search function and the macro needs system access.

Not applicable
Author

Updated the application:
-It now uses the Google Maps Web Service for the search function.
-Searchstring (like maps.google.com) instead of separated street,city,country.
-No (partial) reload necessary for using WS.
-Fixed some bugs.

Does anybody know how I can update the application in the 'Share QlikViews' section?

Not applicable
Author

Amazing stuff! I got an error on line 43 when I searched for a location it didn't understand. There was a dialog box then an error.

Type mismatch: '[string: " from <b>"]'