Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading multiple QVD file.

Hi Everyone,

Here I am trying to load almost 12 QVD files in one report. but the report is not reloading completely , it get stuck some where doesn't load completely. Below is the overview how I am writing the code:

FMOverunder2011:

Load from Loading multiple QVD file.(qvd);<br />Load* from Loading multiple QVD file.(qvd);<br />Load* *from Loading multiple QVD file.(qvd);
Load *from Loading multiple QVD file.(qvd);
Load *from Loading multiple QVD file.(qvd);  Best Regards Shubham Kumar

Message was edited by: Jason Long

9 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I think your problem might be same as this. Have a look at the below post.

http://community.qlik.com/message/134268#134268

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Solanki,

However that doen't not satisfies my question. Could you please elabrote your answer. I see you have said there may be same field's which would be trying to join from each other caused that problem. but can you help with the answer how to resolve that problem.

Thanks & Regards

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

IN that case you need to identify the same fields from all the qvd's.

You need to create a  datamodel, and according to that you can keep the names of the fields same in those tables which will join the other table.

For example say i have 3 tables with few same fields. so i will use them like this.

Table1:

Load Field1, Field2 from ABC.qvd;

Table2:

Load FIeld1, Field2 as Field_2, field3 from PQR.QVD;

Table 3:

Load Field1, Field2 as Field__2, field3 as Field_3 from xyz.qvd;

As you can see here i have renamed the field which i dont want to use for joinning the tables and i have kept Field1 as same in every table cause i want tables to join with field namd field1.

Hope you understand.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Solanki,

thanks for the reply. I tried the same thing before and after your suggestion as well. But same thing happend. more over you have suggested me to

Table1:

Load Field1, Field2 from ABC.qvd;

Table2:

Load FIeld1, Field2 as Field_2, field3 from PQR.QVD;

Table 3:

Load Field1, Field2 as Field__2, field3 as Field_3 from xyz.qvd;

Where we have very long list of Field name which is hard to put in each QVD load since I have to laod more than 12QVD. instead of that I have used Load * from abc.qvd.

Table 1:

Load * from abc.qvd

Table 2.

Load * from xyz.qvd

Is that correct?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The problem with load * is you cant alter the particular fields, so its always better to include the field list.

One more thing, you dont need to write fields name manually.

Qlikview will do it for you,

Just click on the Table files in edit script.

Select the qvd and click on Open.

and click on finish.

Now once you have all field names you can alter the names as i said earlier.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

but still my problem is not solved .  I am wondering what is the problem.anyways  Thanks again

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Can you bundle the qvds and upload here.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Again,

Here I am done with loading all the QVD at once. with the help of Qualify statement. Now all the tables are there but only the thing is that they are not joined. Could anyone help with joining all those fields.

thanks & Regards

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Yes now you have to specify the fileds as unqualified, which you want to use for joining the tables.

For example

unqualify field1, field2;

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki