Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II

Getting started with QDF

Dear all,

I am trying to start my application using QDF. I understand that there is certain folder structure to follow while developing. I have read documents, seen videos, etc. to get to know more on the same. However, I could not figure out where to start this. Not having clarity on creating the folder structures in which path. Should I be creating folders or the folder structure will be auto-generated while reloading the init. qvs. kindly clarify.

Thank you,
Regards,

Sai

4 Replies
aritting
Creator
Creator

The folder structure is created when you use the QDF installation tool or the VariableEditor.qvw application to create your first container.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Saimeenakshi, sorry to hear that you find it difficult getting started. As Andrew mentioned that using the Deploy Tool you can design and deploy the containers (you can still use variable editor but that's optional). Deploy tool comes in a zip file together with a simple ReadMe.pdf please read this first and after you can start with the basics. After you set up the first container environment, the exercises (for QlikView and Qlik Sense) will guide you. Hope that this helps.

Best regards

Magnus

Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Magnus thanks much! I am working from a vdi where the development took kit prototype (folder structure is provided). I started the development by copying the folder structure and reloaded the app with the init script. however, I am stuck. I am getting lost and confused while trying to understand hw exactly this QDF works and unable to move forward. read the documents, searched for videos on the same. but still I get no clarify on this stuff. is there any easy way out? kindly help

Thanks in advace!

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Saimeenakshi, are you using Qlik Sense or QlikView? So that I can guide you in the best possible way.

Regards

Magnus