Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

user access using windows domain groups

Hi All,

Can QlikView read the Windows Active Directory to see which user groups a Domain ID belongs to?

Many thank,

Phil

13 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Phil,

Yes, that is possible, using section access and NTNAME, and a correspondence field, for each user, not in the section access, that you will use later on in the set analysis. Something like

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, DOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR

USER, DOMAIN\CEO

USER, DOMAIN\TEAMMGR

USER, DOMAIN\ME

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

Membership:

LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME, Group

DOMAIN\CEO, ALL

DOMAIN\TEAMMGR, TEAM

DOMAIN\ME, OWN

];

// This variable stores the group I belong to (one to one relationship) to be used in the set analysis

LET vMyGroup = Lookup('Group', 'NTNAME', OSUser(), 'Membership');

So the expressions would be, for example

Sum({< Group = {'$(vMyGroup)'} >} Value)

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel, I think I understand and it looks like what I need... wish me luck

Kind Regards,

Phil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Am I correct to say these profiles are created in QlikView and not user groups assigned to a Domain ID in Windows?

It's just that I was hoping to use a Windows user group assigned to a user as opposed to having to assign a role for each individual user account in a QlikView script.

Many thanks,

Phil

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Phil,

That's correct, that "Group" is a new field I have created in QlikView. If you want to retrieve group information from the AD you will need to use the built in OLE DB to get to Windows Active Directory Services.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica