Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andregroen
Contributor
Contributor

Error OLE DB Connect

Hi

For a client I am trying to connect to an .sdf file (SQL server compact). It's working except for fields with numeric values. Integer, text and date fields are working fine. The following script is an brief example based on northwind.sdf (see attached file). The OLE DB msi is also attached (needs to be installed before Reloading the script).

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.3.5;Data Source=Northwind.sdf]

;

LOAD *;

SQL SELECT

Freight

FROM Orders;

// Freight is a numeric field, other fields are working fine

After Reload the next error message appears:

ErrorMessage.PNG

Probably it has something to do with numeric settings? Changing the country settings of my PC or switching te comma and point within the set ThousandSep and DecimalSep didn't help so far.

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Andre

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
etl_tools
Creator
Creator

That is a probably a dull sulution but it did work for me 😉

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.3.5;Data Source=Northwind.sdf];

LOAD *;

SQL SELECT

LOWER(Freight) as Freight

FROM Orders;

As alternative you can try our QlikView connector which support SQL Server compact as well (27 data sources in total)

http://www.etl-tools.com/etl-tools/qlikview-connector/overview.html

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies
etl_tools
Creator
Creator

That is a probably a dull sulution but it did work for me 😉

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.3.5;Data Source=Northwind.sdf];

LOAD *;

SQL SELECT

LOWER(Freight) as Freight

FROM Orders;

As alternative you can try our QlikView connector which support SQL Server compact as well (27 data sources in total)

http://www.etl-tools.com/etl-tools/qlikview-connector/overview.html

Mike

andregroen
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Works like a charm, thanks Mike! I'll keep the Qlikview connector in mind.