Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial Reload / Incremental reload

Hi There,

I'm not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, I have seen other posts advising that an Incremental reload should be done rather than a partial reload.

Could someone explain the difference or point me in the direction of the documentation?

Many thanks

Gerard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Partial reload executes a specific part of your sciprt, this can for example be used to refresh a certain table.
Incredemental reload is defined in the script to update certain tables incredementally, for example to add only new transactions to a transaction table.

Incremental reload is especially used to decrease the reload time, by for instance only loading new records from a data source instead of the complete table (which can be very big).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Partial reload executes a specific part of your sciprt, this can for example be used to refresh a certain table.
Incredemental reload is defined in the script to update certain tables incredementally, for example to add only new transactions to a transaction table.

Incremental reload is especially used to decrease the reload time, by for instance only loading new records from a data source instead of the complete table (which can be very big).

Not applicable
Author

That make sense, Thanks Smile

Not applicable
Author

I have a question..

I see that partial reload is done based n the timestamp to get the new records, but if those records already exist on the table, and the timestamp changes, then they will be added again.. which means they would be duplicated on the table, is this correct?

how do you go around not having them being duplicated?

thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

Can you please explain me how to do incremental reload in the attached application.

Not applicable
Author

I know this sounds redundant but is there a way to concatenate from one table to another only during partial reload?

I see that the concatenate add only does not seem to work. and I understand ADD only is the code that needs to be used in order to be executed during a partial reload.

thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Does it mean that Partial load is done at the table level and Incremental load is done at the record level. Please jusrify my understanding!

Thanks,

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Can some one please justify my above understanding about the differences?

Thanks,

Attitude