Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

Select a range of values from listbox

Hi,

I have a project where customer would like to have a possibility to input a value to two input fields and with a button he/she could make a range selection from listbox. For example, I have a field AccountNumber in data model. And I have two input fields. I write value 2000 to first field and 5000 to another one. With a click I would like to choose all Accounts where Accountnumber is greated than 2000 but still smaller that 5000.

Attached a dummy QVW, where you can suggest some solutions

Thanks you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can enter a search string if you click on the magnifying glass icon. Try >2000<5000 as search string.

If you want to use the variables and the text box, add a Select in Field action to the textbox with F1 as field and as search string ='>'&v_1&'<'&v_2.

Alternatively you could also add the Select in Field action to the variable triggers (see the Triggers tab of the document properties window). That way the selection will change when you change one of the variables with the input boxes.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can enter a search string if you click on the magnifying glass icon. Try >2000<5000 as search string.

If you want to use the variables and the text box, add a Select in Field action to the textbox with F1 as field and as search string ='>'&v_1&'<'&v_2.

Alternatively you could also add the Select in Field action to the variable triggers (see the Triggers tab of the document properties window). That way the selection will change when you change one of the variables with the input boxes.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand