Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date filter issue on button click

Hi All,

I am trying to filter dates on the basis of button click. but dates in the list box are not getting filterd. As I have created 2 variables and i am setting variable level triggers also. Attached the QVW file.

Thanks

Dasu.G

15 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi ,

i think the same you have posted in another post as well

http://community.qlik.com/thread/74751?tstart=0

i have commented on this thread. please find the attached and let me know your concern..

HTH

Sushil

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sushil,

Thanks for the response. My concern is that when we add Select in action on the  text box. The bahaviour is not predictable (Rebecca already mentioned the same). It is working some times in single click some times I need to do double click. What ever recbacca/you mentioned I have implemented same in my application i noticed

same behavior only double click it is filtering enitre dataset but in single click it is setting all the external variables.

You can down load attachment from rebacca(4th Reply) Mar 12, 2013 4:57 PM (in response to dasugairaboni) triggers are not working in webview mode need some more details what scenarios triggers are not working and what is the best parctice here. So we removed  those triggers and it started working on double click some times( Exactly not able to understand the behaviour).

Thanks

Dasu.G

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Yes, it is behaving weird.

is it mendatory for you to have selection action in textbox or button object.

We can try to solve it using set analysis.

HTH

Sushil

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you know how to perform these kind of filters using set analysis?

trey_bayne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I can't reproduce the problem but I'd venture the guess that the variable $(vAUMGrowthEndDate) is not getting set in time to evaluate in the Set in Field statement.

When in AJAX, the action is setting the variable, converting it to a QlikView action and then evaluating it in the next action step (another conversion is necessary). If there is latency in the network or the converstion process this would cause an inconsistency issue. The first click sets the variable and the second click picks up the variable you set with the first click. Once the variable is set the issue probably goes away.

A simple workaround would be to handle the Select in Field using Set Analysis as suggested by dasugairaboni

='>=$(=DATE(ADDMONTHS(TODAY(),-6))) <= $(=today())'

could go in the Set Field Action and get rid of the Variables.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Trey,

Have you received any solution for this, I am also in similar situation.

Could please share me, if you find out any solution on this problem.