Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Load Exit - Conditional

Hello,

I want my load script to stop once a certain value is reached for a field. Something like :

Load   A,

B

From .... exit/stop load(should not exit script) when found B='XX'(line number is not fixed, so can't use recno());

Thanks in advance. 

11 Replies
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Test:

load A,

B

from Test where B='XX';

hope it helps

tresesco
MVP
MVP
Author

Hello Mohit,

Thanks for your reply. However, this is not what i want. i want my LOAD to STOP reaching at the condition.

Thanks.

Not applicable

exit script when B='XX'

tresesco
MVP
MVP
Author

Exit LOAD is desired, not exit SCRIPT.

Thanks.

Not applicable

Test:

load A,

B

from table;

exit script when B='XX'

test2:

load * from table2;

note--

here in Test table, if B='XX' found, then exit or stop the script, so test2 table not run.

tresesco
MVP
MVP
Author

See, the scenario is - my source file has multiple tables. first table ends by indicating that field B="XX" for first table and then the second table starts. Therefore i have to stop load for first table at a condition and start the second table load. that means i can't use 'EXIT SCRIPT'. by using multiple stages (storing to qvd and then using flag or variable), may be i can achieve the same. But i was just wondering if there is any easier way(without storing in qvd).

Thanks.

rlp
Creator
Creator

You can use the exists() function which indicates if a certain value exists in a specified field.

This gives the following script:

<your_table> :

NoConcatenate

LOAD

A ,

B

FROM <your_source>

WHERE NOT Exists( B , 'XX' ) ;

Once done, you have the value 'XX' in your field B. In order to eliminate it, you should do:

tmp:

RIGHT KEEP( <your_table> )

LOAD

B

RESIDENT <your_table>

WHERE B <> 'XX' ;

DROP TABLE tmp ;

tresesco
MVP
MVP
Author

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your input. if exists() is used, the load goes on even after reaching the conditional value(i.e. the followed records would not be excluded in load). i want the load to suspend the further records load once the conditon is reached. something logical like use of BREAK and jump to another load statement in the script.

Thanks.

rlp
Creator
Creator

It's strange that the 'NOT exists()' doesn't work.

You can try a more manual method, which consists of creating another field which contains '0' until 'XX' occured and '1' after:

In your load, add this definition:

<your_table> :

NoConcatenate

LOAD

if( peek(indic_occured_value) OR B='XX' , '1' , '0' ) as indic_occured_value

FROM <your_source> ;

tmp:

RIGHT KEEP( <your_table> )

LOAD

'0' as indic_occured_value

AUTOGENERATE( 1 ) ;

DROP TABLE tmp ;

If you want to keep, the first occurence of 'XX' , you should replace  B='XX' by peek(B) = 'XX' in the expression of indic_occured_value ;