Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nested set in a set expression

Hey all!

There are a lot of posts on SET analysis out there now, but really none covering the idea of nesting a SET expression into another SET expression.

I will get right down to my problem. I am trying to select the next coming start date of a meeting (from a .xls-calendar). If I select MeetingType = 'Coming', I see all coming meetings. I have a separate SortOrder to show which one is next in line.

The main problem is that I can't get the following expression to work:

=min( {$< SortOrder = {"=minstring({$< MeetingType = {'Coming'}>} SortOrder)"} >} [Date Start])

Making a quick debugging, the following code DOES work:

=minstring({$< MeetingType = {'Coming'}>} SortOrder)

It shows the SortOrder I want to select to get my [Date Start].Of course, the SortOrder is linked to the [Date Start]

If I do all selections manually, that would be first selecting MeetingType="Coming", then the lowest SortOrder, then the lowest [Date Start], which is what I'm after, and that works just fine.

Any ideas?

Sincere regards

Jakob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

try this edit of your expression:

=min( {$< SortOrder = {'$(=minstring({$< MeetingType = {'Coming'}>} SortOrder))'} >} [Date Start])

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try this edit of your expression:

=min( {$< SortOrder = {'$(=minstring({$< MeetingType = {'Coming'}>} SortOrder))'} >} [Date Start])

Not applicable
Author

Great, thanks! As much as it pleases me to finally have the solution, I can't help but hit my head repeatedly on the keyboard for not trying with ' instead of " during my testing of a VERY similar solution.

Much appreciated!

//Jakob