Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Same field name for different tables

Hello!

In qvw have 2 tables being one of the "sales sector" and another the "financial sector". I created a view with filters and graphs for each of these sectors and they have no connection. In view of the need to use "sales sector" filter "Start Date" and the vision of the "financial sector" a filter with the same name and the object "current selections" display this name both in one and in another view. This is an example only and is not my real practice, but a solution here would solve my issue.

Thank you!

8 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Rename the Start Date of Sales Sector as

[Start Date] as [Sales Start Date]

and same for Financial Sector

[Start Date] as [Financial Start Date]

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

You can QUALIFY the field

Not applicable
Author

If I qualify ... lose the name "Start Date" would be pure ... "Vendas.Data Start" ... for example ... and that's not what I want ... just "Start Date"

Anyway thanks for listening!

Not applicable
Author

I want just "Start Date"

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hello Ruben!

Indeed date fields used only to illustrate. What I really need is to show the "current selections" I made a selection "Name" field in the Sales screen. But when I go to screen Financial also want it to be shown in the "Current Selections" I made a selection "Name" field, but now the Financial screen. Ie I want to use a "Name" field to two tables which has no key, because I understand that for the end user no matter if that field belongs to Sales or Financial table ... but he just wants to select something in the "Name "...

Is this possible?

Even so grateful!

rubenmarin

If two fields have the same name they will link tables, more than that, they will be only one field with values in two tables.

I only have an idea of simulate something, having the field you want to show in only one table ie "Name", in the other table use hideprefix (set HidePrefix='%') to hide selections ie "%Name", and use triggers in both fields, when selections are made in "Name", assign these selections to "%Name", and when selections are made in "%Name" assign these selections to "Name".

Only the selections of the "Name" field will be shown in current selections.

Not applicable
Author

I had done some testing with Hideprefix, but really he does not meet me in this case.

In my qvw I have several tables in the cloud that do not relate to each table and I would like to use your "Date" field "Name" or "any" for the end user, just with this simple name in the "current selections ". Each table represents a subject that is not related to another matter (and another table) and each can have its "Date", "Name" or "any other" field.

I understand that the end user must use the same qvw the "Date" field in several different views as always "Date" ...

For while a solution I found was to put the name of the table at the end of the field name ... "Start Date <Sales>". The label I can get the name of the field, but in the current selections (obviously) I can not.

Thanks for your support!